What does it mean to be a software architect? How about a solution architect? There are as many opinions as definitions of software architecture. It is clear that a software architect is not simply a senior software engineer. Responsibilities of a software architect cover a wide array of skills outside of technical field of knowledge. The listing below is a series of opinion pieces by various bloggers and web sites on the definition of a software and solution architects.
- An Overly Long Guide to Being A Software Architect David Ing
- What does the Solutions Architect career path look like? Mark Baciak
- Anatomy of a Software Development Role: Solution Architect Robert Bogue (developer.com)
- Responsibilities of a Software Architect SoftwareArchitectures.com
- What are the Duties, Skills, etc. of a Chief Software Architect? (previous page) SEI
- WWISA view WWISA